Thursday, May 6, 2010

Spring Buttermilk Blackberry Pudding Fool

I don't know why
 they call this dessert a Fool
~maybe I should look that up~

I had a bunch of blackberries to use up
and with a little experimenting 
-this recipe was born-

*It's just summery and delicious*


here is my recipe for a nice use of any berry:

1 cup lowfat buttermilk
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons flour
2 egg yolks
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup berries (blackberries whole)
1 cup berries (reserved for garnish)
1 cup lowfat whipped topping

1.in a bowl
whisk together all dry ingredients 
to remove lumps 

2. in a sauce pan whisk together
buttermilk, egg yolks, and vanilla
over low heat

3. slowly add in dry ingredients
and stir constantly
until the mixture thickens to coat
the back of a wooden spoon

4. add in first cup of berries
I like to mash them up a bit 
to get the juices going
then remove from heat

5. once it's cool
fold in the whipped topping
and top with remaining berries!


~I served mine in fillo cups~
I am quite happy with they way 
this recipe came out
it's perfect for a hot lowcountry evening


1 comment:

mr. pineapple man said...

oh goodness, that looks so good!